Please help: Intel Core i9-11900KF with a H510M H V2 motherboard

Hello! I just bought a new computer and I'm a bit worried that this motherboard is not suited for my processor: Intel Core i9-11900KF (64 GB RAM) or for my graphics card: RTX 3060 (12GB RAM).

I bough this computer so I could do 3D sculpting and animation in Blender, and for gaming; and when I say gaming I mean: Cyberpunk 2077, Alan Wake 2, Dead Space Remake, Resident Evil 4 Remake, etc.

I was expecting a B5260 motherboard, which from what I've read, would be much better suited for an I7-11700K processor (these were the specifications of the computer I wanted to buy), but the computer I received has a a different motherboard and this different processor.

I tried talking to the seller I bought it from, telling him the H510M H is a weaker motherboard compared to the B560 but he cut me short saying I'm mistaken, that the difference between them is negligible and I shouldn't worry.
I'm not that tech savy but from what I've read, wouldn't a H510M H motherboard hamper performance on an I9-119KF and a RTX 3060? Wouldn't it hamper perfomance on a i7 - 11700K as well?

There might be an issue with your new computer's motherboard. While the seller assured you the H510M H V2 works fine with your i9-11900KF, it's not ideal. This motherboard limits overclocking, a feature your i9 processor is built for, and may lack features that benefit demanding tasks like 3D animation and high-end games.
Run some benchmarks to see if the current setup meets your performance expectations. If not, talk to the seller about upgrading the motherboard to a B560 which offers better overclocking support and features suited for your powerful processor. If they're not budging and you're within the return window, consider returning the PC and getting one with a B560 motherboard pre-installed.

Back