Beta Testers needed for new Tweak Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3M1ghtyD8

Beta Testers required for new Tweak Program

Anyone want to test my new tweak/system info program.

It is supposed to be my Programming Project for College, but after that, I might continue developing it.

Current Features include :-

- System info (RAM usage, VMM, screen res, uptime etc.)
- 3 winNT/2K/XP tweaks

anyway it will be up in about 30mins or so at http://www.stickney7.freeserve.co.uk/TweakDB.zip its, a 2.4Mb download containing the Installer.

any comments appriciated.

You have checked it on an NT/2k/xp machine? I won't install anything unless I know others have installed it without having to re-install/format...

Good point, and I also DL'd it, but for some stupid reason WinZip won't open it. I think I just need to restart, but I'll try it again later.

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
You have checked it on an NT/2k/xp machine? I won't install anything unless I know others have installed it without having to re-install/format...

I am also with Mr. G, I would like your assurance it will not mess things up, please post your home address and credit card number, date of birth, and expiration date, so if we loose any data or have to reformat we may bill you accordingly. Thanks for your cooperation.

Yes, Yes, I am just kidding ;)

I am developing it on XP so that should not be too much of a problem. I have tested it on Win98SE but currently no tweaks are implemented for any Win9X OSes.

And no it isn't a virus:)

Alright, so I decided to give it a try. Very nice install. The program seems the have alot of potential.

Tell me more about the 3 tweaks you have listed thus far..What are the benefits to enabling the tweaks? Maybe a brief description in the program of each tweak would be helpful.

I am quite impressed by the system info page. Again, you have alot of potential here. It would be nice to see the correct cpu listed but that is in all good time.

Make sure you post any updates so I can download the newest beta.

What's up with the serial number system ?

Thinking about selling it afterwards ?

I was considering making it shareware later, maybe. As for the cpu detection, Microsoft don't provide any documentation on how to detect P3s or higher or AMD chips.

I downloaded this the other day and tried to unzip, but it didn't work for some reason. I guess I'll just have to download it again. Obviously nobody else is having this problem :(

Some Win 9x Tweaks are now implemented, so I will upload an update soon. Also, I will include some documentation with the next release.

I am also considering implementing some tweaks borrowed from the now extinct NVMax, seen as though I have the source, now it is available.

Anyway, thanx for the positive feedback

Originally posted by svtcobra
Alright, so I decided to give it a try. Very nice install. The program seems the have alot of potential.

Tell me more about the 3 tweaks you have listed thus far..What are the benefits to enabling the tweaks? Maybe a brief description in the program of each tweak would be helpful.

I am quite impressed by the system info page. Again, you have alot of potential here. It would be nice to see the correct cpu listed but that is in all good time.

Make sure you post any updates so I can download the newest beta.

Yes .... Please tell us more about what these tweaks do ...... Other wise .....

Looks like a neat little program .. [size=4]I'm impressed sofa :D [/size]

[size=4]Cheers !![/size]

i've found a little problem. On the install there is a window that asks about a serial number with a scroll bar which does not work for me. It says 'if you dont have a serial number you will be..." and i can't get the rest. Is it "you will be shot?" i hope not...

Phat, did you try the serial number on the install screen? Its at the top of the screen that asks what the serial number is.

Originally posted by Th3M1ghtyD8
I am also considering implementing some tweaks borrowed from the now extinct NVMax, seen as though I have the source, now it is available.

Do you have a link where it's possible to download the source code ? I wouldn't mind looking into that.:D

I think the link is down down, it was a link on the home page at http://www.nvmax.com. It was only up for a limited amount of time (i.e. a week). I don't think it's supposed to be redistributed, but I'll have a look and maybe put it on my webspace.

BTW the source looks well messy to me :) , as I was going to "borrow" some tweaks from it, but took one look at the source, and gave up :) I might have another look at it soon though, cos some gfx tweaks would make my program a bit more useful.

Nice strart but you need some tweaks dude. Two of those three are already done and the other I don't want. But you are on the right track.:)

Has anyone got any new suggestions about my program. Since the last update I have added some more tweaks for both 9x and XP, but would value your suggestions, before I release the next update.

Have you made an update since my last post? The link don't work...
You might consider tweaks for different amounts of ram, size of cpu, ect. Give people a choice. You might even think about making two versions, one for 98 & Me and one for 2k & XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back