Contest Rules???

SuperCheetah

Ok, I have to ask you guys something. These two quotes say two different things about the requirement of the contest. Warp says it is random while our beloved 3DS says it will judge on the "quality" of the posts. So which one am I supposed to believe??? I want to believe 3DS's quote, but I'm confused :( Can anyone clear this up for me???

http://www.warp2search.com/

Rules are relatively simple, you must register on their forums and become an active member, you still have two weeks to become the prize winner, as they will select winners randomly from the active members pool.

http://www.3dspotlight.com/contests/forums2/

The rule #1 for the contest is to be an ACTIVE participant of 3D Spotlight Forums, that means you will have to register and start posting and replying to forum messages, we will be monitoring forum usage while the contest lasts, the winner will be selected considering the number and quality of posts made in the forums, but remember, only ACTIVE participants are eligible to win the prize.

One last note. I just don't want some newbie who posts the required number of posts and wins a prize, then leaves and never comes back. I don't know about the rest of you, but I plan on staying after this contest because I've gained alot of respect from the people here at 3DS and the site as well. I would much rather the prizes be given to the number of quality posts rather than a random selection, cause I could easily post a 1000 posts about nothing of relavence, but I choose to post selectively and I try to make it as informative as possible.

Anyway, I'll stop complaining now, but I just want this to be cleared up for me. Thanks for any help guys and girls!!!

Super or Cheetah or SuperCheetah (whatever you want to call me ;) )

The rule #1 for the contest is to be an ACTIVE participant of 3D Spotlight Forums, that means you will have to register and start posting and replying to forum messages, we will be monitoring forum usage while the contest lasts, the winner will be selected considering the number and quality of posts made in the forums, but remember, only ACTIVE participants are eligible to win the prize.

Unless Julio says otherwise, it is the paragraph above. I also thought there was something about being on the 3DS Newsletter mailing list but Im not seeing it in the contest verbage...

Winners will be contacted using the e-mail used to register in the forums so you can send your detailed location. Each winner will have 7 days to get back to us, in case they don't we will select a new participant randomly. As was said before, only ACTIVE participants of the forums will be taken in consideration.

The italics are what warp meant by saying "random".

How to win the contest

I just don't want some newbie who posts the required number of posts and wins a prize
Can newcomers still get in on the contest & win? YES! With QUALITY posts. A newbie can join now & knock our socks off!
You are still operating under the ILLUSION of a, "required number of posts." Yet previous winners, such as myself, have given valuable tips What it takes to win... "The Contest" to anyone who could comprehend.
KEYWORD:
Active Participant

DEFINITION:
One who is busy sharing & taking part!

THEREFORE:
just posting trash for numbers won't win
Julio's lastest post is an abreviated form. As Cobra stated, the Offficial rules ARE the rules.

If we've had our posts edited, does that take us out of the contest?:(

Don't get me wrong, I plan on sticking around after the contest. I come from a somewhat more barbaric forum (i.e. Penny Arcade's -- love them to death, but the forum was pretty lawless until recently) so I'm still adjusting to life in a somewhat more civilized forum. Therefore, some of my posts thus far have been *ahem* edited for content, and I'd like to make it clear to everyone that I meant no malice towards anyone on the forum. My goal isn't to have a shock jock rep, just to participate and be known as a respectable member.

In truth, I was looking for a new forum to frequent, and the contest just drew me here. Keep up the good work everyone, and may the best forum junkie win!:D

I think for the most part most mods understand that someone might slip up once in awhile, especially if their new around here. 3DS is very well moderated and there is very little that is tolerated.

Try to remember this and abide by our rules. Remember that you have to type what you want to say. You cant just blurt something out. Also, you can edit your own posts so if you slip up, fix it..

Very well said STV, I have had a couple of my posts Moded and "cleaned" up or one of the Mod's asks me to edit it or add something. Look at my hammer posts. Uncleel gave me some good advice on how to make the post better and more appealing to everyone so its not forgotten. I would say don't sweat it Ronin. They all understand that we are new here and aren't expected to post like the staff posts right out of the box. Thats why they are Mod's. Now if I am still posting that way in another month, then its my problem and not 3DS's. This is a great forum and I have been posting my heinie off but I always try to put thoght into it or at least what I am feeling, no matter how it comes out. I just remember that when it comes out, it has to be like I was addressing my 9 year old and not the "guys" I work with. Nice and clean !! Please just enjoy your stay here and forget about the contest, personnally, I am trying to see how many I can post in a month without the worry of "am I gonna win this or that", I already have a nice rig, yes two would be sweet but I am really enjoying asking and answering questions and taken my focus off winning for now.

Have FUN...Everyone. Super, back at ya bro !!

TOS is strictly enforced

Originally posted by Ronin Tetsuro
If we've had our posts edited, does that take us out of the contest

Lets just say it doesn't help you, or your standing.
Yes, we do track & record your Violations!

Actually the mods have been very lenient during the contest period. Once you've become an "informed" member, you should know better. This has been discussed many times. Women & Children (not to mention Julio's girlfriend) frequent the boards. We want 3Ds to be something special; not just another typical forum.

"TOS is strictly enforced" means just that!

The Meeting 'spot' > Newcomer Welcome & Hello
http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15

What it takes to win... "The Contest"
http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=382

Note: By pressing the button you declare that you are over the age of 13.

Terms Of Service

(vB short version)
3D Spotlight OpenBoards Rules
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please press the Agree button at the end of the page. Note: By pressing the button you declare that you are over the age of 13. If you are 13 or under, please use this registration form.

Although the administrators and moderators of 3D Spotlight OpenBoards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of 3D Spotlight OpenBoards or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of 3D Spotlight OpenBoards have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

(long version)
Rules, Policies, and Disclaimers
We have implemented a series of rules and regulations stated below for board users. These rules and regulations stipulate the code of conduct a user should adopt in the usage of this public bulletin board. Read the rules stated below first. If you agree to abide by this code of conduct, hit the "Agree" button to continue with your registration. Failing that, you can opt out of registration by hitting the "Cancel" button.
This is a publicly acessible bulletin board and as such, there are some issues pertaining to its use. Like many public forums or chat facilities such as the IRC, this bulletin board moves in rapidly in accordance to the posts of its users. These posts occur real-time and its users span countries and continents. It is hence almost impossible for the moderators and hosts of this board to review all posts and confirm the credibility of their contents. Though we at 3D Spotlight Forums are committed to the development of the board and the sensitivities of all who post here, please understand that we do not have the resources to actively police or monitor the contents of the forums. Responsibility for the messages posted is also not bourne by us. Each message posted express the the explicit views of its author and in no way reflects the views of this bulletin board or its hosts. Take note that we do not vouch for the accuracy and credibility of a user's post. However, any user who believes that a post is objectionable or offensive is encouraged to contact us via email for a prompt resolution of the issue. Forum leaders such as Administrators and Moderators are entrusted with the ability and responsiblity of removing objectionable posts. Warnings may also be sent out to the offending party or parties involved.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.

Although this BB does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at this BB reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this BB, 3D Spotlight Forums, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

We at this BB also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this BB.

Note: By pressing the button you declare that you are over the age of 13.

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant (guarantee or attest to) that you will not post any messages that are:
obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

You agree, (to grant consent to terms) through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is:
knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.
The owners of 3D Spotlight OpenBoards have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

we at this BB reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever.

"By pressing the button you declare that you are over the age of 13."
Firstly, this tells you to be mature, & adult minded.
"If you are 13 or under, please use this registration form."
This says you are parentally approved & supervised.
Secondly, don't you want www.3dspotlight.com to be the kind of place "parents" would have no reservation about their kids viewing?!

I commend you! And encourage strict enforcement of the TOS
My 7 year old sometimes reads along as I type, and while he is hardly inocent, I like him to know most people can communicate without using offensive langauge.
Except for a few slips, this site is very clean compared to some of the major "child approved sites", both in language, content, and inuendo.

Originally posted by T-Shirt
I commend you! And encourage strict enforcement of the TOS
My 7 year old sometimes reads along as I type, and while he is hardly inocent, I like him to know most people can communicate without using offensive langauge.
Except for a few slips, this site is very clean compared to some of the major "child approved sites", both in language, content, and inuendo.

Let me start off by saying that what I am about to type just my opinion..

I have asked myself many a times, why this site is so "clean" and "proper". My reasoning for this is as follows. A long time ago there was a company called 3DFX that had a lovely, unmoderated, set of forums entitled 3dfxforums.. Some of the users of the 3DFX site were the most rude, obnoxious and immature people to ever grace the internet. When the 3DS forums were created, it was meant to be a breath of fresh air from all the other flame-fest sites out there. Over the last couple of years it has become just that. A great place to come to for any age or gender. There is no naked picture section or vulgarities in every post.

It really is a different type of site on the internet that no other other site compares to. It has a great community that really stands out..In my mind this is why 3DS is the way it is today and this is why I like coming here.

Like I said already, I'm so used to wading in the muck of immature forums, that when I actually do find sanctuary, I come busting in the door and suddenly we've got a quintessential wild west scene. You know the one. Where the music stops and everybody looks at the stranger coming in the saloon door deadpan. Maybe one or two people whisper "Who the heck is that and why does he smell?"

And I hate to ask about an obvious running joke, but what's up with this:

Women & Children (not to mention Julio's girlfriend) frequent the boards

Julio's girlfriend? 'Kay Lucy, splain.

It's NO JOKE Mr. Tetsuro.
Julio's (the owner & administrator) girlfriend is a member.
The Meeting 'spot' > Your biggest fear....
http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=798&highlight=fear

From the time of the old UBB forum & a member named "SoccerMom" we have had a succession of women on 3DS seeking technical & purchasing advice.

The mere fact that we have a registration process, "If you are 13 or under, please use this registration form" means of course we have kids on the boards.

So the quote, "Women & Children (not to mention Julio's girlfriend) frequent the boards" should be a clue to all to keep it clean. More out of respect, I would think.

A word to the wise is sufficient!

Thank you uncleel. I didn't think it was a joke, but I'm not a mod so I didn't want to speak too soon.

Like uncleel said, I've seen many female members on the boards and they most definitely deserve the same if not more respect than us guys here.

I think the fact that there is female members here shows just how broad 3DS has become as it is not just for the most hardcore tweakers, but rather for everyone, including women and children.

I'm sure there are probably female members here at 3DS that know more about computers than me and I have absolutely no problem with that!!! In my opinion its more power to them!

Um...

I think you guys get me wrong.

I didn't mean I thought it was a joke that there were women and children here, I thought that there was a running joke involving the temper of Julio's girlfriend or something...nevermind, I obviously interpreted the line very wrong and I hope that agian I didn't offend anyone.

Man, seems like all I do around here is apologize. :(

I don't think anyone is offended by this, just try not to make assumptions would be a good idea.

Anyway, you don't have to apologize, we just don't want to offend anyone around here. My simple idealogy is to try and not step on any toes around here.

Hope you experience here at 3DS is great otherwise!!!

Re: Um...

Originally posted by Ronin Tetsuro
I think you guys get me wrong.

I didn't mean I thought it was a joke that there were women and children here, I thought that there was a running joke involving the temper of Julio's girlfriend or something...nevermind, I obviously interpreted the line very wrong and I hope that agian I didn't offend anyone.

Man, seems like all I do around here is apologize. :(

It took some time for me to learn the ropes around here. It usually takes everyone "some time" to learn the ropes as well. 3DS is so different from alot of the other sites that it is only natural.

No need for apologies..Like someone said before, pretend that a 9 year old is going to read what you type.

Back