BestBuy.Com now carries Alienware PC's?

Ronin Tetsuro

Alienware in cahoots with the Evil Best Buy Regime?

:eek: I overheard someone talking at my job and they said that Bust Buy now carries ALIENWARE systems in stock. Anyone else heard of this?

(*edited by mod)

Yes it's true, saw it in the news, also in Best Buy ads. Guess they know a good niche market when they see it. Not a bad stock either!

http://www.bestbuy.com/ComputersPeripherals/specials/AlienwareMain.asp

Minneapolis-based Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE: BBY) is the number one specialty retailer of consumer electronics, personal computers, entertainment software and appliances in the U.S. The Company operates retail stores and commercial web sites under the names: Best Buy (BestBuy.com), Magnolia Hi-Fi (MagnoliaHiFi.com), Media Play (MediaPlay.com), On Cue (OnCue.com), Sam Goody (SamGoody.com), and Suncoast (Suncoast.com). The Company reaches consumers through more than 1,700 retail stores nationwide, in Puerto Rico and in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

I think BB will do well with Alienware..Alienware is a very high end gaming rig that would sell very well if they were available in stores.

This is a good opportunity for Alienware to gain some market share.

Wow!!! I almost bought an Alienware a while back, but the cost kept me from it. Good thing, cause it led me to build my first computer! :)

Anyway, these computers are awesome!!! I'll have to go to my local BB and take a look at the goodies they have.

I agree with Super, that is great news. However I am one that builds my own too and even thought I like the Alienware PC's I could probably build one cheaper than I could buy one.

yur gettin' a DeLL d00d!

This is a niche market for those that know better but can't build. Keeps mom & pop from buying a DeLL for the little d00dz.

Re: yur gettin' a DeLL d00d!

Originally posted by uncleel
Keeps mom & pop from buying a DeLL for the little d00dz.

Steve is such a bad actor. Why do they even have him in their commercials anyway? He really annoys me!

Re: yur gettin' a DeLL d00d!

Originally posted by uncleel
This is a niche market for those that know better but can't build. Keeps mom & pop from buying a DeLL for the little d00dz.

Now we need a Best Buy commercial with an Alien whipping up on (or vaporizing, you choose) Steve, that annoying Dell kid. ;)

Personally, I'd rather just go to their site and customize one rather than buying one at the store, even though I won't because I only build my own computers. Buying prebuilt systems reminds me of Mal-Wart...or Wal-Mart :dead:

I remember mentioning Alienware a while back and someone in the forums said they had experience with them and said they were not as tweaked and smooth running as they would have you believe. Fair enough, unlike Compaq, HP etc they actually use the best (or at least better) hardware and the latest technology rather than giving you a 2Ghz processor with a TNT2 video card.

Die DeLL Dude, Die

Originally posted by Arris
I remember mentioning Alienware a while back...
All the way to SoccerMom who was buying a Gaming Rig for her lil' d00d.
Building a pc or buying one online isn't for everybody.
There are people who need to feel & touch the product, etc. hence; Retail Stores.
Those that need it right away & can't wait.
Those that impulse buy.

Wouldn't you rather be answering Q's about an Alien rig rather than sum DeLL d00dz trying to OC' a K6 on a PcChips MoBo?

:dead: Die DeLL Dude, Die :dead:

Back