Final Fantasy for Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn... my PS2 doesn't seem quite so special any more :(
As long as Square make games for all the platforms and doesn't switch platform its ok ;)

Not so fast....

Consolewire:Square and Nintendo

From www.consolewire.com :
Square and Nintendo: Not so fast
GameCube owners, and game publishers, grinning about the possibility of Final Fantasy on their GameCubes got a harsh dose of reality. Nothing is quite as clear-cut as it may appear. In a complex business arrangement, Square (in which Sony enjoys a healthy stake) appears to be looking to the Game Boy Advance to host its upcoming games. Where does that leave the GameCube? No one knows for sure at this point

So its not completely certain at this point in time.

oh no... here i go again!!!

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli
I wonder which will be the FINAL Fantasy ;)
hehe :haha: i've been wondering about that too. ;)
actually, it think if there'd be a final FF, i'd like it to be named "The Final Fantasy" :approve:
i think it's pretty cool :)

about the topic, i'm just relieved to know that FF have a chance of being released on other platforms. the news that sony bought square's stocks was

as for FFXI, watched the trailer some months back (dunno if there's any newer trailer), and i'm [FONT=century gothic]VERY[/FONT] disappointed in it... just another AD&D... :(

I wasn't impressed with the trailer either; it looked like a PC game from days gone by. In fact, I shudder to think that FFXI will solely be internet-based; that kind of ruined the game for me. I would rather play by myself and enjoy a full, in-depth story, Final Fantasy game.

From what I read, the game will be release this May in Japan and there will be a monthly fee. I think that's the straw that broke my camel's back. If that's the case then I won't be getting that game at all. I don't know what's wrong with people who pay to play Everquest. You already payed to get the game so why should you pay to play it? If Blizzard can offer internet gameplay for free, then why can't the rest do the same.

HOORAY!!!

The Impossible Happened: Q&A on Nintendo's New Deal With Square
03.18.02 Saint7
www.ffonline.com
Two weeks ago, Japan's major newspaper, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, revealed that Nintendo and Square had finally reached an agreement - Square is now able to develop titles for Nintendo's platforms. Akitoshi Kawazu will take charge of a new company entitled Game Designers Studio, acting as a liason between Square and Nintendo. Kawazu was the creator of the hit Romancing SaGa series and is a member of the Final Fantasy development team. His first project is a Final Fantasy game that takes advantage of the link between the GameCube and GameBoy Advance/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back