Water Cooling a Vid-Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterball

Water Cooling

well i have been useing my water cooling system for a couple of weeks now with great preformance but now i want to up the anty some more and cool the video card but i cant decide if i should put it before or after the pros. with one it would heat the water before it got to the pros. and reduce the effect it has there but if i put it after the pros it will no get the cooler water that is right out of the radiator into the pump or whatever and i know it will increaese the overall temp of the sytem but at the same time let me push the core speed of the video card even higher :D

Place it before the CPU with hoses that are 1/3 of what goes into your CPU, that way you get a good mix, the CPU doesn't get much warmer and the GFX card gets cool water...

Hey Butterball,

Try checking on a company called 3Dpower. They where developing a factory system called "Posiden" I believe to water cool your vidoeo card. I don't know if they ever made it to full production but it looked like a killer set up

Another forum I am a member of has a moderator called BladeRunner who actually was approached by the CEO of Nvidia about getting hold of his water cooled Geforce3. He received samples of the latest GF3 cards at the time for his water cooled work!

Here is his site
http://www.zerofanzone.co.uk/content.asp?request=liquidgf3&page=1
"This is the detailed build of the Mk II version cooler, as the Original Mk 1 was traded to the CEO of nVidia"

asusv8200watercooled2small.jpg

Originally posted by Butterball
i can see why he wanted it looks very "cool" indead but my original question has yet to be answered :hotouch:

Project Stealth Cooling

This is a project to watercool chipset, CPU and video card.
Have a read, I am sure the author must have had to think about the same thing...

I would first try to find out which part is the biggest bottleneck in performance and give that part the cooler water.

Originally posted by Butterball
what exactly do you mean by this? are you saying to run diffrent lines? hose lenth, or what
Basically run the water to your video card before your CPU. Your CPU will heat the water much more than your video card will. If you do the other way, hot water will be comming across your video card cooling it much less.

he he.. it is ironic that you should mention them i bought my entire system from them (sent the wrong manual but i'm not gonna bother with it) and that is the block that i am using

SNGX1275 said:
Basically run the water to your video card before your CPU. Your CPU will heat the water much more than your video card will. If you do the other way, hot water will be comming across your video card cooling it much less.

And raise the CPU temp ...

Rather use the same pipes and put the video card last in the chain. The wattage / heat dissipation is less than the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back