eVGA GeForce Ti4600 a good value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllRoy

eVGA Ti4600 worth it?

What do you all think? Is it worth it to try this card for their step up program?:confused:

i must say no... i just don't believe that the ti4600 is worth the price as it is not much better than the geforce3ti500

Originally posted by Federelli
i just don't believe that the ti4600 is worth the price as it is not much better than the geforce3ti500

I agree that the Geforce 4 Ti4600 is not worth the price. However, it is significantly better than the Geforce 3 Ti500. In the past, the newer generation would only surpass older cards by about 10-20%. The Geforce 4 Ti4600 surpasses the GeForce 3 Ti 500 by about 20% to 50%, and that, as Anandtech states, is "without even turning on anti-aliasing".

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1583&p=1

As for which card has the best price/performance ratio I don't know. I'm personally saving up to get the Geforce 4 Ti4400. I tend to purchase video cards that are in the $250-$300 range.

maybe you are right, but as far as i know, some pleople get only 40 fps in mohaa with details at max...
and no game has full directx8.1 support... so u shouldn't get a ti 4600 right away (i believe that is my point)

well, if those ti4200's r better than the geforce 3ti500 and cost about the same, that would seem the best preformance/cost solution

I think they are a waste of money since no game uses all of DirectX 8.1 Features properly yet, so nothing will be better except maybe your 3d Mark.

And don't even think about getting a GF4MX as they are slower than a GF3Ti200, as they are nearly a GF2MX.

Originally posted by AllRoy
I think this is a pretty cool deal though:

Link

Yip, that is a good deal.

The only way I have been able to do stuff like that is either by being great friends with some PC store and having someone who understands how often I must upgrade, or by selling bits and pieces to friends.

Otherwise, you wind up with a hole in your wallet and a whole pile of components that you have no home for. Until, perhaps, you build another machine. Oh, man! Another one! I don't have room for this!

I'd say that this a great deal, and that more hardware venders and shops should impliment this kind of model. In the end, everyone wins because the vendors get to resell the older cards to your more budget customers.

Of course, someone has to do something to sell you a graphics card worth that amount of money!

eVGA Ti4600 worth it?

Step-up Sounds like a good deal, but it does say "eVGA reserves the right to end... wat anytime without notice" sort of a weak warranty!
The card it self seem really nice, and heatpipe cooler sound pretty trick too> But $400 is more than I would pay

Best graphics card on the market!?!?

Orginally posted by Phantasm66:
I think it all really comes down to your budget and your requirements.

For example, are you planning on doing some serious 3D rendering???

Or do you not have that much money to spend on your machine, and just want to play Quake III and Unreal Tournament?????

Originally posted by uncleel:
Benchmarks are only relative to same/like/similar machines. It also depends on what games you're playing. The Unreal engine is cpu dependent, whereas the Quake engine is vid-card dependent.

Phantasm66 is correct; it depends on your budget & tastes. I prefer my Voodoo, color rather than speed. But I also have an old PIII platform w/ a TnT2 that's adequet for gaming.

He is also correct; a budget GeF2-MX (-$50) is a fine gamer. Understand that vid-cards are a High Profit item. Your paying an absolute premium for performance you may not utilize, only to be overshadowed by the next new card release in 6 months.

Toms Hardware has a preview of the Asus, Leadtek and Creative Geforce 4 ti4600s. The Leadtek cooling solution ownz, huge heatsink with 2 fans. If only i could afford one

I still like the eVGA cooling solution...(hmmm Copper pipe) but it is still hard to say without some good data!

The only real reason to buy one is to play in real high resolutions :-

i.e. 1600x1200

or to play with Anti-aliasing turned on. The new GF4 AA looks pretty good - wonder where they ripped that from ... let me see - 3dfx springs to mind.

Their Ti200 had 3.3ns memory but it hit a wall at 460MHz, when 3.3ns is rated up to 600MHz. eVGA was very good about returning their money. I just wonder if history might repeat itself with their Ti4600.

Im starting to like the GF4 more and more everyday. My work recently got one in and I have played around with it. It is a very fast card. I know that if I didnt own an Xbox I would have one on order.

I get a new video card every year. This is my reality. I know that I will have a GF4 eventually. I usually try to wait for the price to drop but lately as soon as something is released I buy it.

My GF3 is fine. It is plenty fast and works great. Here is my arguement why I should buy a GF4. I love AA. It is my most favorite technology in computer image. I will pay for AA. I have an 18" LCD that runs at 1280x1024 for everything. The more speed the better. At 1280x1024 4X AA is impossible in most games. 2X or Quncunx works good but it isnt great. 4X isnt that great either but its better than the other options. So, if I can get a vid card that will be blazing fast at 1280x1024 with 4X AA Im all over it.

That is my reasoning.

Going straight to the question... eVGA GeForce Ti4600 a good value?

Not at all, Ti4600 boards aren't in the market for people looking for value but all the performance money can buy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back