How do I amplify the Audio Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amigosdefox

I brought a headset with microphone. When I connect it to the back of one of my computers to the audio out plug the volume is loud enough. But in the other computer no matter how much I turn on the volume its still very low in the headset and my speakers dont have a headset plug. Is there any way to amplify the sound that is coming from the sound card without using my stereo?

Open up your sound properties (usually the speaker on your taskbar and fiddle with some bars there. If there isn't one that has it, go into options then to properties and enable some in there. Then boost those.

You can goto Control Panel>>Sounds. Under there you can goto Advanced. Then tweak those controls. If that doesn't work, you might have to goto Options>>Properties. Then choose recording if you need to adjust the MIC volume. Try that.

Or you can always buy those headphones that have the volume control right on it. Not only do you have software control over the volume, you also have control on the headphones themselves.

Ive turned on the volume all the way up but its still not loud enough. When I use the speakers they are connected to an AC power supply and the sound that comes from the sound card Audio out plug is ampified. But the headset is not connected to any power supply all the power is coming directly from the sound card. It would be equivalent to connecting the speakers but not turning them on, I get a very faint sound. But in my other computer when I connect the headset to the audio out plug the sound is load enough.

simple...

Get a new sound card, your current one doesn't come with amplifier, unless you have a headphone amp or something, you can forget about using some sort of software to boost it.

amigos de fox, nice signature...
i'll pm next time... if it really bother u just don't read it i don't care about post count and i trully don't beleve than i have a chance of winnin any contest in any part of the world :D

Originally posted by Federelli
amigos de fox, nice signature

Wouldn't this belong in a pm not a post?
Please tone down the errant posting, it's very inconvenient.
Please also click
here and read.

Originally posted by Amigosdefox
The sound card that gives out enough power is an ac 97, the one that doesnt is a sis620 i think.
Integrated into motherboard? I'd buy a real soundcard in that case - but most of the latest soundcards (especially 4/6-channel ones) don't have internal amplifiers, you are expected to plug in active speakers or an external amplifier. Old ISA soundcards did have quite good amplifiers, I have one that gives 5+5 W (but it's not in use).
Another solution would be buying more sensitive headset. Check the impedance.

It is definitely an Amplifier issue. I am currently searching for a soundcard that has built in amplifier(s). Creative Labs just discontinued their last amplified model, and have no plans to build any more in the future. The whole industry is moving towards LINE OUT (non amplified) vs. SPEAKER OUT (amplified) due to the huge Amplified speaker systems out there. Unfortunately, the industry is forgetting us who eiehter need amplification for our systems (we use them at work for our products we manufacture) or the rest of the world who hasn't upgraded to full blown amplified systems or would rather use a simple set of speakers.

So, does anyone know of a sound card out there that still has built in amplification?????

Thanks in advance for the help

which one?

yeahh.. I think the solution is clear - buy a new soundcard (with amplifier), buy a new headphone which has volume control or you can connect the output of your soundcard to the amplifier and then plug in your headphone to the amplifier. :D

I have an old soundcard (Addonics SV550 - YMF724 chipset). This soundcard has 2 jumpers which are used to enabled/disabled the amplifier. I think you can buy soundcard like this.. :D

i am using a SBlive Value (old version)
and both my Sony 700DJ and Grado SR80 runs great.

the only problem i had was volume control when i am in game.
i don't want to go back and forth the desktop,
so i get a M$ keyboard with volume control.
i am now a happy man:D

If you dont want to spend money on a new keyboard, alternately you can download a program like Hot Keyboard which allows you to assign commands to a keyboard such as volume control for each audio output so you can adjust the general volume with key combinations of just the midi for example.

Originally posted by Amigosdefox
If you dont want to spend money on a new keyboard, alternately you can download a program like Hot Keyboard which allows you to assign commands to a keyboard such as volume control for each audio output so you can adjust the general volume with key combinations of just the midi for example.

if i know that earlier...

but the M$ keyboard worth my money...

why anyone runs their pc sound system without an amplifier and speakers i will never know.

i used to not believe in the truth of this..... but then i was enlightened..... home hi fi is the way.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back