Heat Monitoring Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vehementi

Anyone know what the best heat monitoring and/or system usage monitor program out there? I use AsusProbe, but I think it takes up too much RAM and CPU instruction.

Best would be a hardware reporting tool (asus iPanel, digidoc, ...).

Anyway, just start the prog when you need it and close it when done.

Yea, I've heard of the iPanel. It fits in a 5 1/4 bay, right? I do have an Asus motherboard, so I'll look into that! Thanks.

Look up Motherboard Monitor. I've had good experiences with it so far. As far as how much system resources it takes up you'll have to find out on your own.

Prepare my star destroyer...

Originally posted by Vehementi
Yea, I've heard of the iPanel. It fits in a 5 1/4 bay, right? I do have an Asus motherboard, so I'll look into that! Thanks.

Yes, and it makes your machine look totally kick ***!

7_small.jpg

If you are in to that sort of thing.

http://www.tweakmax.com/html/ipanel/ipanel-1.cfm

The basics, and features

Easy Connection:
Front accessible I/O:2 USB Ports

One Touch management:
Large LED display to show: boot errors, voltages, CPU frequency, fan speeds, and temperatures

Easy Installation:
It can fit into any 5.25" Full Size drive bay. Customized front bezel for system integrator

Monitor the system temperature to prevent the system from crashing because of overheat of CPU or motherboard

Monitor the voltage difference to ensure power supply is eligible.

Easily find what the problem is when something wrong in booting.

Overclocking tool to know the limit of system.

To know if your fan is running out to avoid fan's error to lead CPU overheat.

Note that in the picture, its the bay with the numerical display.... if you want all those other very geeky switches you will have to look into adding them as well.

This is an argument for a very big tower case. Remember that a drive bay can be utilised by (surprise, surprise) actually putting a useful device in it, such as SCSI tape drive, cd-rw, extra CD-ROM drive, etc.

iPanel

I have the iPanel and this is like the coolest toy I have. Very impressive (specially friends tend to say: "Woooow, what's that?", and the less they know about PC, the cooler they find it.) Anyway, beside cool it is very useful and it actually works. Don't undersestimate the front usb ports, way to easy when using joysticks and gamepads.

Besides, if you compare it to other monitoring hardware, this one is very cheap, less than € 25.

Originally posted by DaveSylvia
Look up Motherboard Monitor. I've had good experiences with it so far. As far as how much system resources it takes up you'll have to find out on your own.

When running on my system, it takes up around 1.232k of memory, and that'smore or less it... (I can't notice any difference whether it's running or not (on a Athlon 1.4Ghz, 256Mb)

And it's a quite nice app with enough functions to satisfy me... (Though the accuracy depends on the mobo sensor...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back