New Memory Sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vehementi

Have you guys heard about that new memory stick from Sony? It plugs into a USB port and it's like tiny. There's probably some software for you to do it, but it sounds awful cool...You can get them (once they come out) up to 128 MB!

Sony have a very good reputation for extortionately high prices on their goods :rolleyes:

But the idea sounds cool enough :grinthumb

Ibm has something like it (probably only rebranded) which you is quite nice... Whilst the space isn't much, it's quite good for moving drivers etc. from one 'puter to another...

Tried one, and it worked like a charm... (But they're way to expensive to buy unless you need it (floppy/cdrom less laptop))

They have been flaunting those little memory sticks for a while.
Lower capacity ones which you can use with a sony mouse(doubles as a stick reader) to read and write to an from.
I believe that the Sony Network Walkmans use the same memory sticks inside them. I have a 128mb model and it is of a size that it can only possibly consist of a flat battery, memory stick and minimal circuitry.

From Sony.co.jp :
2002/02/04
I-O Data releases a new line of Memory Stick media, in 64 and 128 MB sizes, containing innovative static electricity and shock resistance, plus I-O Data's exclusive AAA guarantee. (Japanese only)

Infact there are two models. The mp3 player one is the MG(magic gate, same as playstation memory cards ;) ) one with built in copy protection.
MSG_128A.gif

Ah! Now I remember, what I was talking about are Sony MicroVaults. the 16 MB version is $49 to the 128 MB which is...TSDMK you were 100% correct...$299

these are memory or mini storage devices, i thought they were storage devices, if this is so i remember looking these up once before and there is another company 'dont remember who' that sells them for alot cheaper, but that is for the storage not a 'memory stick'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back