Cpu speeds for asus motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I would like to upgrade my cpu and I was wondering what speed of cpu's I can go to with my asus meb motherboard.
the specs on the motherboard are as follows:
ASUS MEB ACPI, BIOS REVISION 1007/16/99
intel 440BX AGP set.

Now the motherboard manual displays info for "celeron cpu's" for the motherboard only at 66Mhz (and 100Mhz for some reaon) front side bus and multiplier of 7 for a total of 466, I would like to put a pentium3 cpu on the motherboard... is this possible!:confused:

The manual states that the bus frequency goes up to 150Mhz and the multiplier goes up to 8. That makes a processor speed of 1.2gig, I want to aim for a 1gig pentium3 processor which is 133Mhz by 8 or there abouts, if you do the math i can potentialy get a cpu speed of 1.2gig that is 150x8=1200mhz:D, but i dont wanna fry anything in the process.

Sent an email to asus but have yet to get any response.
any info would be appreciated greatly thanks

forget the 1.2 Ghz, the FSB's are asynchronous with the AGP and PCI (so you will overclock them massivly at fsb 150, and you don't want to do that knowing the PCI and AGP cards won't handle it).

The FSB 100 is possible and maybe some slight numbers above (up to 110 maybe).

I think a BX chipset can still handle a PIII 800 (and a lill' more if you up the FSB slightly).

Slocket anyone ?

Powerleap came out with Slockets that allowed you to use Tualatin P3s & Celerons on Slot1 boards, I think they have a list of compatible motherbaords somewhere on the site...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back