[H]ard|Forum

SNGX1275

a buddy of mine posts over there. Anyone ever posted over there from here? They have an insane amount of people. Right now we have 2 members online and 1 guest - right now they have 517 members and 134 guests. I don't know how I'd like that - actually I do - I wouldn't like it. Too congested.

I used to post a some large sites, and yes they have a lot more stuff going on, but they have almost too much traffic, too many people, too crowded. I now like smaller boards, more a sense of knowing who's who.

I swing by there every now and then... Guess which nick...

Usually when I'm looking for some "news" in the cooling world.. Or modding, when I have the cash (though the cash never lasts long enough for me to do what I want :()

The problem w/ any of the major site forums is that they are & filled w/ adolescents, unregulated, & undermoderated. Except for the few, they spend more time flaming your choice of vid-card or cpu rather than help you w/ your problem. Look what happened to Guru3D.

um....[H] forum...too many people,

most new topic goes to the second page in a few minutes, can't really talk or anything.

the only good thing there are post your pic, your workstation, your desktop, photochop this, etc. where you don't need to read, just look at the pics.

i prefer a smaller forum like this, very comfortable, and easier to get to know each other.
:)

Anandtech has a pretty big one too. I remember visiting one time and there were well over 3000 members ACTIVE.

They have nearly 100,000 members too, from what I remember.

Originally posted by 3DS Crazyace
Especially the for/sale forum! That is my favorite

& the scariest :eek:
I was deluged w/ "ship 1st, trust me, I'll buy" type of stuff, but the caveat was the postings of "members" who were known Rip-Off Artist!

Money order only & delivery confirmation receipt, usually puts an end to that kind of nonsense.

I post there on the Anandtech forums once in a while. Sometimes you can find some very smart people, the problem is you have to swim through huge amounts of fanboys, etc...

The rig pages are cool though, we should have one here.;)

when dealing with people it is required to simply do some research on them. Heatware offers a great service, and you can contact others that have delt with the individual in the past.

I deal an awful lot on Hardforums and Anandtech, and have had great success. You just have to be smart

i dont think i'd like that many members either because then its not personal. I have talked alot to most of the regulars on here, and it would be way to confusing if there were 1000 regulars to get intune with...Its sort of like having a big classroom rather than a small one.

I use it most for selling and advice on hardware. You are right there are an awful lot of people on those boards, but you get answers quick.
Also, I only hang out in a few forums there, so you get to know alot of people. Many stick to just a couple of rooms.

Originally posted by Didou

The rig pages are cool though, we should have one here.;)

Yeah I agree.
I picked up the idea of using Anand to store my rig details from someone here at 3ds ;)

*winks at Didou*

You know what?
I live in Brazil, and that's the most comfortable hardware forum I know in the net. Here, we can stop, read, reply, without having to rush.

Long life TechSpot!

PS: I know a couple of people here just by their nicks, but it's like I already know them! ;)

You can actually insult us as if we were relatives & all. All you need is an IRC client & some curse vocabulary ( but I doubt you could have one as extended as MrG's :D ).

Originally posted by Didou
( but I doubt you could have one as extended as MrG's :D ).

Why thank you didou... Didn't know you cared...

I'll do my best to find some nice new words for when we next meet ;) :D

Back